Las Vegas, Nevada (NAPSI) - If getting fit and staying healthy are among your New Year’s resolutions, here are a few fitness facts and figures that can help make 2013 your best year ever:
Consider these stats:
• The perennial No. 1 top New Year’s resolution in America is “losing weight,” reports the University of Scranton.
• Many gyms see a 30 percent increase in membership in January.
• Only 10 percent of people still go to the gym three months after signing up.
• The failure rate of New Year’s resolutions is 80 percent.
• Two-thirds of American adults cite “lack of time” as the reason they don’t exercise.
• Another 19 percent say they’re intimidated by the gym.
An Easy Solution
For many people, the secret to keeping this year’s New Year’s resolutions can be found in having home fitness equipment.
There are products designed for just about everyone—no matter where you are in your fitness journey. Plus, you can use them whenever you want and in the privacy of your own home. Four of the more popular are:
1. CoreBody Reformer: For ladies looking for a total body workout, this home fitness machine can be folded up into the size of a yoga mat and is lightweight enough to sling over your shoulder. It engages multiple muscle groups all at once for a total body makeover that can motivate you to maintain those New Year’s resolutions beyond month two. More at www.corebodyreformer.com.
2. Bowflex TreadClimber: For the person just starting out, fitness can be as easy as walking on this all-in-one machine that combines the benefits of a treadmill, stepper and elliptical to burn twice as many calories as working out on a treadmill alone. See it at www.treadclimber.com/bowflex-treadclimber-us.
3. Peak Fit System: For men and women looking for motivation and group interaction, and want to enhance their interval workouts and kick-start their metabolism, the Peak Fit System DVD program can be key. This workout blends both cardio and strength training to reset the metabolism and blast calories fast. You can find more at www.peakfitsystem.com.
4. BowFlex UpperCut: For men looking for advanced home fitness training, look no further than the BowFlex UpperCut. As Nautilus’ latest innovation, this revolutionary machine uses state-of-the-art technology to sculpt your arms, shoulders, chest and abs in ways you can’t do alone. The UpperCut is compact, portable and easily storable, and promises efficient exercise challenges with amazing results. More information at www.bowflexuppercut.com.
By using these machines and training programs, you increase your chances of staying out of another statistic: Approximately 68.8 percent of American adults are either overweight or obese—but you don’t have to be.