Las Vegas, Nevada (NAPSI) - These days, many drivers are finding ways to keep their vehicles on the road longer. Having an odometer that reads 100,000 miles or more need not mean the vehicle is on its last legs.
It may just mean you should stick to a regular maintenance schedule and take advantage of automotive products that help extend the life of the vehicle.
These tips can help:
• Use the right gas. Unless your manufacturer’s manual says the vehicle requires a high-octane gasoline, it will probably run with no problems on regular unleaded. The difference in price can be as much as 30 cents a gallon. Your money is better spent on maintenance than at the pump.
• Cut down warm-ups and eliminate excessive idling. Older cars may need to warm up briefly, but letting it idle for a long time before you put it in drive is not better. In fact, a vehicle just sitting there can suffer stress on the components and burns fuel less efficiently.
• Get motor oil designed for high mileage. If there are over 75,000 miles on the odometer, consider a formula designed for high-mileage engines, such as Royal Purple’s HMX oil. In addition to proprietary additive technology, it contains additives to reduce internal wear and condition engine seals.
It’s a common misconception about vehicles with high mileage that you should not use synthetic motor oil because it will remove deposits and restrict oil flow. In fact, one of the benefits of using high-mileage synthetic oil such as HMX is that the detergents in the additives in the product clean out the deposits in the engine. Maintaining cleanliness will promote the longevity of the engine.
• Tender Loving Care. If your vehicle needs repairs, address them as needed and don’t let them go until you find yourself stranded. These small steps can ensure that you’ll be able to enjoy your vehicle for many more miles to come.
• Learn more. You can find further facts and tips online at www.royalpurple.com.