Las Vegas, Nevada (NAPSI) - There are two kinds of travelers: over-packers and under-packers. For whichever you are, travel enthusiast, style expert and QVC program host Lisa Robertson who mastered the art of how to pack after years of balancing her love of fashion with the struggles of packing it all-shares her most valuable tips for successful trips.
• Pack for activities you know you’ll be doing. You can add later as space allows.
• To pack smaller, you’ll need to rewear things, so pick what you love. Your taste and comfort zones don’t change with location.
• Shoes take up more room than anything else in your suitcase, so take one comfortable pair for sightseeing all day, one pair of heels, and a pair of sneakers if you’ll be working out.
• A good rule for handbags is one to carry and one that packs flat in the luggage...no more.
• A packed suitcase is like a map: Once you unfold it, it never really goes back the same way. If you start out with a suitcase you can barely close, you’ll return with an additional bag. Either plan for that or leave room.
For more from Robertson, visit QVC.com.