Las Vegas, Nevada - The 2019-20 Clark County school year starts on August 12 and children may be due for school-required immunizations. Community vaccine clinics will be held across southern Nevada, offering low-cost and reduced-cost vaccines, or free for qualifying families, through the remainder of July and throughout August to meet the high demand of the back-to-school rush. Immunize Nevada is providing resources and answering questions on how, where, and when to access vaccines in the coming weeks.
If you have a healthcare provider, now is the time to schedule an appointment. Some providers offer extended office hours during the summer season. Be sure to set up an appointment soon, as they may fill up quickly. Back-to-school season will draw large crowds, including long wait times. Setting up appointments and visiting vaccine clinics earlier in the month may result in shorter wait times.
“The current vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks of measles and hepatitis A are a reminder of how important it is to make sure our students are fully immunized before heading back to school, as disease can easily spread in the classroom environment,” explains Heidi Parker, Executive Director of Immunize Nevada. “We encourage all families to beat the back to school rush and vaccinate sooner than later."
Upcoming events offering vaccines throughout southern Nevada are listed below. Please bring the child’s insurance, Medicaid, or Nevada CHIP card, as well as their immunization record.
- COX Back to School Fair – The Boulevard, Saturday, July 27, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., 3528 S. Maryland Parkway. Offering low-cost immunizations to qualifying families. Immunizations will be provided on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Back to School Fair – LVMPD Headquarters, Saturday July 27, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., 400 S. Martin Luther King Blvd. Accepting private insurance ONLY.
- Southwest Medical Associates Back to School Patient Appreciation Health Fair – Southwest Medical Oakey Healthcare Center, Saturday, July 27, 8 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Offering immunizations to Southwest Medical patients ONLY.
- COX Back to School Fair – Meadows Mall, Saturday, August 3, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., 4300 Meadows Lane. Offering low-cost immunizations to qualifying families. Immunizations will be provided on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- Give Kids A Boost – Southern Nevada Health District, August 10, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., 208 S. Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89107. Offering low-cost immunizations to qualifying families.
The Southern Nevada Health District is currently accepting patients within their four southern Nevada locations. Additional information on hours of operation and locations can be found here, information on the Southern Nevada Health District’s Mobile Clinic can be found here.
These community clinics are hosted and executed by our community partners, with the help of community sponsors and are supported by: Anthem, COX Communications, Health Plan of Nevada, Liberty Dental Plan, Nevada Health Link, Oasis Pediatrics, Renown Health, SilverSummit Healthplan, Smith’s Food and Drug, Southern Nevada Health District, Walmart, Washoe County Health District.
Immunize Nevada is widely recognized as Nevada’s trusted resource for immunizations and community health for all ages by fostering education and statewide collaboration. Immunize Nevada’s vision is healthy communities across Nevada protected from vaccine-preventable disease. For more information, visit ImmunizeNevada.org